The Temple City of India
Bhubaneswar-Smart City for Smart People
Bhubaneswar capital of Odisha, India’s Topper in Smart city list is 3000 years old city with a lot of historical heritages. The pet name ‘The Temple city of India’ is really meant for the ancient, thousands year old hundreds of temples like Muktesvara Temple, Lingaraj Temple, Ananta Vasudeva Temple, Rajarani Temple surrounded. Most of the temples built in the style of Kalinga Architecture.
Bhubaneswar is the topper in India’s Topper listWhat is Smart city?
The Government of India took a new initiative to improve the economy, Technology, living style and Infra developments other than few big Metro cities. This will help to develop the country horizontally than vertically. The basic concept is to develop the infrastructures, latest technologies, Tourism, Transport, Revenue, etc. The smart city concept transforms good to better, technology transformation, urban and rural development, an improvement in employment and economy. In that outcome, Bhubaneswar selected as the first city to get “Smart City of India.” One more feather in its Cap. The Biju Patnaik International Airport earlier known as Bhubaneswar Airport situated 3 kilometers away from the city. It connects many major Indian cities. In 2015, it upgraded to the international airport, Terminal I used for domestic and Terminal II for international traffic. The Temple city Bhubaneswar well-connected with all major cities of Odisha and another part of the country.
Interesting place visit:
• Udayagiri and Khandagiri: The Jain monks, chiseled during 2 BCE, a number of caves in an artistic way. Nearly 18 caves in Udayagiri and 15 in Khandagiri is very interested in visiting, and it is a golden treasure for Archaeology lovers. There are many Brahmi inscriptions on the walls and around the caves. It is just 6 kilometers away from the Bhubaneswar city. Do not forget to take an umbrella during summer and water.
• Nandankanan: It is a very beautiful Botanical garden with natural zoo surrounded by thick forest is 20 Kilometers away from Bhubaneswar city. The Nandankanan Natural Park which also having a sanctuary, a big Kanjia Lake, the dense forest where you can watch White Tiger, endangered species, and many wild animals.
• Lingaraj Temple: It is one thousand years old Shiva temple with a marvelous Architectural example of Odisha. The height of main temple tower built 180 feet height and very artistically carved. If you are interested in architecture, you will never miss temple and work. It is in the city Bhubaneswar.
• The literacy level in Odisha is not encouraging, average is 70 to 75%, and female ratio is still very low. In the total students’ population of 6 to 14 years, nearly32 %, of kids belongs to SC and ST categories. Most of the kids of 6 to 14 years of SC and ST families do not encourage education. They forced to discontinue the basic education. However, the Odisha Government extends their support by opening more schools in the rural area and created more awareness on female education. The government provides free education and stipend to promote for Kids. There are six engineering colleges in Bhubaneswar, six dental colleges, five Law College, two medical colleges and One IIT.
• Utkal University: One of the oldest universities in India started in 1943. This university affiliating more than 275 colleges in 9 districts.
Yes, it is the temple city of India becomes Smart city of India – Bhubaneswar. Next time you plan to visit and more details you log on: